Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Sailing

 yesterday i went sailing with my class. prior to this i had never learnt to sail, so this was a very new to me. when we got there the instructor (Simon) told us how set up the boat, and we started sailing. i was buried with kaio. since it was a new thing to me  it was very scary to start, but after i got the hang of being in a plastic box, in the middle of 7 km lake infested with eals, trout, and lampreys, i was ok. For most of the time i was the ruder-man, we went out then did some circles. then we played water-ball, you play by throwing a ball to the other boats, ever boat has to touch the ball, then you have to get it back to simon's boat. then we started to take on water so we got a tow back to shore. it was fun but scary.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    My name is Matilda and I am a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey this year! I’ve noticed that you haven’t done any of the activities yet. Our finish date is the 24th of January but there is still time to give it a go and start gaining some points!

    This sailing day sounds like a lot of fun! I love the way you described being in the "infested" lake! I thought that was a very good way of describing it! What was your favourite part of this sailing day?

    The Summer Learning Journey has heaps of activities to choose from! Here is the link. Have a look through and find some activities you like the looks of. I’m looking forward to seeing which ones you choose! (There is an activity where you get to talk about being brave. I think that learning to sail in a eel infested lake counts as being very brave! Maybe you could give that activity a go!)

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities

    Remember if you have any questions all you have to do is ask!

    Can’t wait to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.